Sunday 10 September 2017

Nostalgia Kicking In

I have been on a bit of an Anima Tactics nostalgia trip today, looking at artwork and cards for unreleased characters.

I love the Anima range of minis, I absolutely do, and wish they were still in production - that would help get me motivated to carry on painting them. I have a few which are part-painted and I hope to get some motivation to pick up brushes on some of those soon.

One of the problems for Anima as a brand is there is no real news. There have been hints that Anima Studios is entering into a renewed partnership with Edge Entertainment, with he first emphasis on the rpg line. However, the video game (Gate of Memories) has clearly been an anchor on other developments, taking so much longer to finish off than ever anticipated.

Right now the biggest positive step I wish for is the Gate of Memories physical rewards, but there is still no sign of those. The Extended Campaign Kickstarter page hasn't had an update in over 4 months which is a concerning sign. As it is, if Edge Entertainment are able to begin production on a successor edition to Anima Tactics, I do not foresee that before early to mid 2018 at the very earliest, possibly much later than that. Unfortunately hard information is pretty difficult to come by.


13 comments:

  1. I still like the range and setting and the recent Anima tactics games on the YouTube channel of Guerrilla Wargames are making me regret my decision to sell my stuff . But at the same time, the game is almost dead and will almost start from nill if there is a relaunch. Which isn't going to be easy in these times, where many smaller companies are forced to close down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand where you come from on this, and totally agree that any relaunch will be a very hard sell; they cannot assume the old fans come back (especially if, as I suspect, they have to get a whole new line of minis).

      Delete
    2. Also, as far as I'm aware Ninja Division is still the owner of the IP and they just let it die, together with Helldorado, so I'm not sure a relaunch is even possible. It will be a contender for them on Japanese pop culture miniatures games, so I doubt they sell it.

      Delete
    3. Hi Wouter - Cipher Studios *never* owned the IP - that belongs with Anima Studios/Anima Project.

      The moulds and masters etc. for the minis probably ARE owned by Cipher/Ninja Division, but depending on the nature of the deal with Anima Studios, their license has very likely ended.

      Cipher purchased Helldorado, which was a different situation.

      Delete
  2. While not the biggest news, the Perfect World Guide that was given to some backers of Gate of Memories included cards for Malekith and Jonathan Kappel to be used in Anima Tactics. I find it a bit odd, but might be a sign that AS hasn't given up on Tactics yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to comment on your most recent post to let you know I've loved reading your Anima blog. I'm a fan of the game myself. I thought you might be interested to know there is a community of fans writing scenarios, finding proxies for new players, and even hammering out homebrew rules for new units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Bearfang - if you could link to the community that would be awesome, thanks. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey pulpcitizen,


    I know I'm very late to the party but as being a big fan of Anima:Tactics and I've been trying for years now to
    save as much Tactics homebrew profiles from the old Cipher Forums as possible. Sadly, the forums are gone for good, and WayBackMachine has not archived every page of the threads relevant to me.

    I've already contacted some other players for their homebrew characters, and I would like to ask the same from you. If you have any homebrew character stats on your drives or an official character with homebew Tactics stats, I would very, very much appreciate those.

    If you are able to help me out when your time permits, it would be highly appreciated.

    Thank you in advance.

    Best regards,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Service chuyen phat nhanh DHL fast and convenient

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget