Monday 27 May 2013

Janus Faith

Click to enlarge-ify
Been a while hasn't it? At least it feels that way to me. I hit a brief painting slump (back pain limits my motivation and capability to paint from time to time which is what happened over the past week or so), so this took longer to finish off than I hoped. I say 'finish', as I have just realized there is a little more to do on the sword pommel (10 minutes wok tops).

Janus Faith is a master of numerous fighting styles, who has been granted lost loggia technology in the form of his sword and armour, and who know serves at the behest of the new Empress, albeit with some reservations about the Empire itself.

His abilities make him more of a 'tank' than anything, designed to receive an Attack and then hit with with his Special Attack. Keeping his Action points topped up while maintaining his defensive Upkeep ability (Absolute Defense) will take some consideration I imagine.

Janus Faith is painted as the blue-print for my Empire colour-scheme: blue tunic; white trousers; gold armour and trim. The fluff cites the highest ranking Empire as wearing white, but I am going to keep the blue/white/gold on all as far as possible (with some exceptions like Samiel) simply as I like the combo.

Getting him finished makes me enthusiastic to get some more done soon and hopefully get some games in before too long. I have a load more figures in the pipeline for Anima Tactics, including a lot of Empire. I hope to finish basic Empire and Black Sun Parties within the next few months, while adding to other stuff I have also.

In terms of Advantage Cards I am thinking of things like Supernatural Armor; Primal; Clock of Chronos.

Janus Faith is a member of Team Cerberus Division with Vayl and Daniella Meris, so I guess it would be a good idea to get cracking with them sooner than later. However, being a painter of whim rather than determination, 'sooner' could well turn out to be 'later'...

Running Totals
Anima Tactics Minis: 119 (added: another Type 005 (blister); High Arbiter Arkeid; Claude Valmore; and Luzbel)
Anima Tactics Minis Painted: 18
Painted Minis Percentage: 15.1% (percentage of AT minis owned that are painted)


6 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic mini mate. I'd defo keep the current scheme its is very regal and the colours go together superbly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for that Simon (can't believe I missed replying to this, sorry!)

      Delete
  2. The gold on that is a treat, can I ask for the two-minute version of how you did it? (I enjoy painting, but I am no good at it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PMMDJ.

      The recipe uses Vallejo Model Color and some washes
      1. Base Desert Yellow (125/70977); thins coats until an even base is acheived.
      2. yellow + sepia washes mixed to preference, thinned down and applied as a glaze
      3. then Tan Yellow (122/70912)
      4. then Dark Sand (123/70847)
      5. Finally Pale Sand (007/70837) for the final highlights.

      Stages 3 or 4 sometimes get dry-brushed in key areas before a little neatening up with nice thin paints for highlights.

      Hope that helps. It is honestly quicker than it sounds and does not feature that much blending, just thinned colours.

      Delete
  3. Hi,

    I always admire the works of people who can bring out the true beuty of the model, but aren't you a little bit intimidated by a large number of models that are to be painted?

    I use a different system to push away those thoughts
    Faction name
    Minis Painted # (%)
    Minis Unpainted # (%)
    Minis not Owned # (%)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not intimidating at all, as it is not the first time I have set out to do a project like this (see Pulp Citizen for my other attempt), and actually that completion % is working. :)

      Delete

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget